Eggcellent Veggie Burgers
4 Tbsp – Olive Oil
2 – whole eggplant, peeled and diced into 1 inch pieces
2 – Scallions (green onions) chopped
1 Tbsp -Parsley, chopped (or substitute dried Parsley)
1 Cup – Medium cheddar, shredded
1 Cup – Breadcrumbs (I use gluten free crumbs)
¾ tsp – Black Pepper
1 tsp – Garlic, minced
¼ tsp – Salt (optional)
1 – Red bell pepper – cut into strips
1 – med. onion – cut into strips
Prep: 15 min. (+30 min. chill time)
Cook: 20 min.
1. Over low heat in a large nonstick pan, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil
and sauté the eggplant until grey and very soft.
2. Mix eggplant with remaining ingredients except the oil, and
chill for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
3. Heat 1Tbsp olive oil in medium pan, sauté red peppers and
onions together until desired tenderness.
4. Form into 6 patties approx. 1 inch thick.
5. In a sauté pan heat 2 tbsp olive oil until shimmering hot, fry each
side of patty until dark brown, about 5 minutes each side
Serve on an organic whole wheat bun with lettuce and desired condiments.
WebSite : http://www.myoptions4life.com
Funny Story about the recipe :